18 August 2011

When the light is with me

The ropes are really hurting now. I can't move an inch without having skin scrapped off my wrist and ankles. I am lying on my sister's bedroom floor, paralysed. Bending over me, a young lad is going to give me the final blast. That's gonna hurt but what hurts more, is that I know my uncle's paying him to do it. The brown hair boy doesn't look happy with his doing so I beg him to let me go. "Please", "please", "please" and "pretty please" are flooding out of my mouth. "I am a big fan of yours, I don't want to kill you" (1) he says "but he will kill me if I don't do it". "I promise, you don't need to worry, untie me and I'll make sure we're all safe" I assure him. So he starts undoing the knots.
I run to my bedroom on the other side of the hall, he follows me. My parents are kneeing under the green flowers of the wallpaper. "You have to go through the window and save yourself" orders my dad. My bedroom is on the first floor, the house has a high ceiling so it's a good 7 meters high. My mum's comes; hugs me and insists I need to do it; I can do it. "It's time you learn how to do it" she concludes.
I climb on the window sill and without looking down, jump in the air. The fall is short, not even a second and I'm already being blown by the wind, flying toward the front of the house.
My uncle's standing in the garden. Next to him, my parents and the young boy are tied up together. (2) All the eyes are on me. It's the first time I do it but I know exactly what I'm suppose to do. I need power, I need to gain energy. I am still flying but I can't go very high, I'm only two or three meters from the freshly cut green grass. I can also only flight straight so it looks like two clothespins are holding me to a washing line. With difficulty, I move my arms on my side from top to bottom to gain few centimeters. It's a struggle but the higher I go, the easier it gets. I look at the sky getting brighter with every move I make. I gain strength. Their eyes are still on me. Wanting to save my parents give me strength, wanting to destroy my uncle gives me strength.  The sun is out now, the clouds have moved further away. I look up to the sky then down and the light follow my glaze. A huge and beautiful sunray burns the rope restraining my parent's and hits my uncle, sending him to the ground. 

I'm in space now, the chase is still on! With the help of other resistant, I’m shooting my uncle's spaceship. Oh crap, our little robot has just fallen on a space rock. I can see him struggling to fix his flying devise to catch up with us. Good, an alien woman comes to his rescue. Or so I think until I see her take his little ship away. We'll have to get him back once my uncle's down. 

What a day! Walking in my village, I am looking forward to get back to my house. It's early in the morning and the street is filled with music (3). I can't see any speakers, but I know where it comes from. I start to sing. Singing makes me want to dance and the more, I dance, the more the sun shines (4).  
I meet my mum at the corner of the old witch house. She's not in a good mood, the music woke her up. "It's A" I tell her, happily selling my sister up,” I know" she says, and I can see that my former bully's in trouble. The sun shines some more. We walk back home singing together.

(1) I have a fan! Yeah!! What do you mean? Of course a fan is a fan, real or not real, don't be so mean. I have a fan!! :)
(2) That was quick!
(3) Yes, THE street. It is a small village... lol
(4) I like how humble I am in my dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment