4 July 2011

Some days you are better off staying in bed

 As I enter in my flat, I hear the unfamiliar sound of a familiar noise. What does it mean? Well, I can hear the usual rumbling of hay and bedding in the cage. What's unusual is the level. No way my guinea pigs, as fat as they are, can make so much noise. I walk to the cage and freeze when I see two Chinchillas playing around. Obviously distressing the unwilling hostess.
All I need to do is take them out and set them free so they can go back to wherever they come from. Easier said than done. I try to grab them but the nocturnal animal is astonishingly fast. I'm bending, nearly falling, turning around, but I just can't get hold of them! One second they are on me, the next on top of the cage, behind me then hiding in the hutch! I'm starting to get tired of them.
All the while, somebody else is feeling sleepy.
A little black fluffy animal is all balled up on the wood chips. At first, I think it's dead. But no, it's not dead and it’s neither a Chinchilla nor a guinea pig. When it lifts his head and open his big brown eyes, I instantly recognise the cheeky nose of a Squirrel. I pick up the little rodent, wondering what I am gonna do with all of them. While the Chinchillas are playing around under the angry eyes of Tira and Mitsu.

I have finally managed to sort out the pet situation and am now walking around the office. I bump into a colleague who invites me to meet her after work. I assure her I will do before returning to my office.
At the end of the day, I drive away from the car park toward the pub where I’ll share a drink with a group of colleagues I am friend with. They wave at me as I drive into a parking space. It seems to be no more than 200m between my office and the pub, but when my colleague calls me and I realise I have forgotten our meeting, I find it impossible to simply ask her to walk here. In no time, I have said my goodbyes and am in my car driving back to the office (an other 200m...).
Turns out, I am definitely unable to do anything right this day! I can't fnd my colleague! She was at the window a minute ago waving at me and now she's gone. It looks that there is a buffet downstairs. Maybe I should check it out. I need to change my shoes though. I'm wearing some huge sleepers with reindeer faces! I can tell you, it looks pretty silly! Again, I am struggling to get rid of them and find a proper pair of shoes. After what feels like ages, I finally find some descent shoes and walk into the huge room. Dozens of people are drinking and eating crackers. I have no idea what's going on and will never find out. I wake up.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:28 pm

    If you ever found Chinchillas in your flat go to http://www.rspca.org.uk/home for help.

    ReplyDelete