6 July 2011

Out of place

 The night is very dark as I walk up the hill. The colourful pub's lanterns are the only lights guiding my path. It’s all very relaxing til I am suddenly stopped by a high pitched sound. Is there somebody calling my name? Yes A is running towards me like her arse is on fire! Her bottom is quite something and we've never been very close, even before the fall-out, so I can't help but wonder "what has gotten into her?" (2). Over her large back (which I'm not exaggerating is incredibly big compared to her skinny body), I can see A-L just getting to the top of the hill. My ex-flatmate's chubby body and curly blond hair is waving with her footsteps, from left to right. I am just about to turn around when A catches up with me. "Hey, *my real name- which is not Cixxi as I hope you have guessed* how are you? Such a long time!" I kind of want to reply "it didn't seem long enough to me" but decide against it. Before I can think of a better answer, she adds: "We're going to the pub, joining?". “We are on a dark hill with nothing but a pub, where did you think I was going?". Again, I refrain myself. "Sure, I'm meeting the Dragon" I inform her. She knows the nickname of my (formerly our) friend (3) and a wide smile spreads on her face. "Great!!" she concludes.

The three of us enter the pub and still I'm not comfortable. I don't understand how they can think we're all good just because time has passed when none of our issues has been dealt with. And when you threaten to sue your friend, I think it's quite a big issue (4). I spot the Dragon sitting at a wooden table in the middle of the pub. Her brown hair only tied at the front by two hairclips. No need to be an animal whisperer to understand that she's not happy to see my two "accomplice". As soon as the two girls sit down, she quickly stands up and follows me to the bar. We order two pints (5), which are quickly served, go back to the table but somehow we can't find them. "Oh well" say our dark eyes, we walk away.

I found myself in the kitchen with my nieces. We're preparing diner. The oldest is baking a chocolate cake. She wants to be a Chocolatier and definitely shows skills for it. They are not visiting, they're living with me. We behave and work as if we know the routine. This is our daily routine. L, the youngest, dips her fingers in the dough and makes a proper mess of her. Her light brown hair is stuck to her round cheeks. I give her an earful and order her to clean herself. M doesn't smile as she normally would, too happy for her sister to be upset, she calmly keeps on cooking. L comes back clean. I feel relax and believe they do too. They are safe, far from the adults' worries and I intend to keep it that way as much as I can. I wake up, and wish it was that easy.

(1)Actually, you can be both. You will notice, forgiveness is not my main strength. I am working on it though...
(2) Bonus point for those who answered: "Fire".
(3)You can read my portrait of the Dragon here
(4) Talking about that, please buy it as often as you can http://www.bigissue.com/
(5)Which is funny since the Dragon is a t-total...

No comments:

Post a Comment