5 July 2011

A-team and siblings lovin


I am in the street chatting with my two colleagues. You might know them. There is Face, the smooth operator and Murdock, the insanely funny pilot. Yes my friends, I am part of the A-team. The three of us are sitting outside a tall white concrete building. Face, wearing a grey jacket with a beige shirt and matching pants, is standing next to me. He's looking around with an insuppressible smile on his face. Murdock is sitting legs wide open staring at the floor as if he was awaiting something amazing to come out of it any minute. Sadly, I have no idea what we are doing or waiting for.

A moment later, I am no longer an army veteran but my old self. I am in the tiny street of an old town. Built with typical Southern yellow stones. I am not awaiting anymore, I am having a huge argument with my sister (1). She's insulting me, calling me names and spitting her anger at my face. Thing is, I actually haven't done anything wrong, she's just turning her anger on me (2) and I hate it. I hate it so much I can feel a ball of rage building up in my stomach. I could rip her head off after making her swallow her dirty words back. But I won't do it. "Never be as idiot as the idiots" my mum taught me so I keep it in, I keep calm and walk away. The anger in my eyes are like shotguns, no bazookas. I look at her one last time before turning my back on her and she stops yelling. Realising that she has hit it. The point of no return.
We are suppose to have a family diner. I slowly go to my mum, kiss her softly on the cheek and start walking away again. She asks me "what happens?". "I am not sitting at a table with this person, she has ruined it all" is all I say. My sister arrives, hoping that, as usual, I'll just let go. She is ashamed of herself and I make sure she stays this way. I raise my voice and apologies to everybody for not staying. I turn to her, my mother is standing between us two like the judge between two cowboys. I shot first. "I do not know you anymore, do not call me "sister", you can stay but I won't share my meal with you". My mum is bemused, tears are rising up. My sister is standing agash. She can't say a word. The ball is still sit in my stomach. I take it with me, hoping that every steps on the other direction will destroy it. Inch by inch.



(1) Anybody with siblings knows how mad at them you get sometimes
(2) As they often do

No comments:

Post a Comment