20 April 2015

My Oasis

The music was blasting on the radio. Or maybe it was just a phone, I couldn't see. I could just hear some dance, marketing shit as I would call it. Inside Hozier was unsuccessful at covering the noise they would call good sound (gosh I sound old). When they walked away up the large pedestrian avenue, I felt relieved. My oasis was given back to me.
The trees on each side of the path, the banches where my neighbours sit to discuss the latest news and gossip, give a village feel to the concrete island. Most of the time, the laughter of kids slaloming between them rises up to my balcony.
A black and a red cat are sleeping on a car's roof. It's one of these red convertible with a fabric roof. With the sun shinning over it, the black fabric heats up nicely, giving them a safe and warm view point.We are Scientist are avoiding the subject of Science while I wonder about nature. At the back, the park is quiet. The trees haven't blossomed yet but their leaves are enough to give it a spring feeling. The flowers are coming out of my strawberry pots and the lavender is growing by the minute. I don't think there is a better thing to do than watching the colours reclaim their terrritory. Maybe because I'm a spring baby myself. Maybe because,we,human, like to know there is hope. What we should really learn is that nature has the power and should be respected as greater than us. No one else.
Turning back to the car, I can't help but laugh at the idea that someone would run to the cat's owners and shout "witch!" at them. What a silly past we have. Worst is, some people would still run up to a black person or a red hair and shout nonsense at them.
Anyway, I'm digressing. Point is, I'm fighting my fear, sitting on my balcony and enjoying the sun coming down on the estate. My oasis, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment