2 June 2011

Scotland yard


It's getting dark outside my flat and I can't help but feel the panic growing inside me. Tonight is the big night. We have been working for month to get to this. We, two of London's best police officers, are on the verge of bringing down a drug cartel.
We are debating about the best way to do this. Mainly, we need to fix one issue. They know we're coming for them. And we know that they want to be the first to attack. The dealer's boss is a twisted man so we expect him to go for our families. I have no kids, no folks, I'm a loner. The only risk I'm taking is loosing my own life which is not a big deal. But she is a single mum. I know her son, I like her son. He's a sweet kid. A 10 years old with untamed blond hair.
After a long conversation we decide to split. One of us will lead the squad. One will stay with her kid and surprise whoever comes expecting him to be alone. We also decide to swap. Sometimes, a mum is not the best person to protect her kid.
The boy's sitting in the sofa with a book when she leaves (1). I am standing in front of the huge kitchen window, watching the Thames running below. Like her, I seem quiet but I'm ready to strike.
Less than 10 minutes after her departure, the window breaks. I scream "HIDE and close your eyes!!" to the kid and sees his slim body jumps behind the sofa. I have no gun with me (2) so I grab a steak knife and head for the intruder's chest.
One quick move and my hand is knocking his heart. He falls down.
Emotions are flooding through me but I don't have time to exhale, an other man's jumping in. I go for his throat but my kitchen knife doesn't cut properly. I have to rip through his flesh again and again. "Sorry I wish it was quicker" I apologies. He finally dies too.
However, there was not one, not two, but three of these *bip*. Now it's a woman who's climbing through the window. I look down at my hand, the knife I'm holding is out of use, I feel helpless. As I check that the kid is not looking in my direction I see the heavy flower pot on the floor. I pick it up and smash her head with it. She falls dead. I stumble back to the kid's hiding place. He's safe. I wake up.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:19 pm

    Not long ago, I have met a German woman and we, as she would say, befriended each other. She is a bit older than me, has no kids and like me, currently lives in South of France.
    Not in my dream though.

    ReplyDelete